Above: Ballet Virginia alumni Jacquelyn Long with Houston Ballet
Ballet Virginia alumni are dancing all over the world:
- 2022/2023 Cora Metzfield – Houston Ballet year-round professional program
- 2022/2023 Sydney Caggiano – Ballet Virginia Company Member
- 2022/2023 Kaelie Polhemus – Ballet Virginia Apprentice and ODU student
- 2022/2023 Ema Amuial – Ballet Virginia Company Member and TCC student
- 2019/2020 Abbie Siebert – Texas Ballet Theater School – Professional Training Division
- 2019/2020 Sarah Phillips – North Carolina School of the Arts H.S. – Merit ballet scholarship; Charlotte Ballet trainee; Joffrey Ballet trainee
- 2018/2019 Asia Parham – North Carolina School of the Arts H.S. – Merit ballet scholarship; Nashville Ballet second company
- 2017/2018 Gianna Coco – Columbia City Ballet Company Member
- 2017/2018 Leo Ameika – Nevada Ballet Theater company member
- 2017/2018 Nicole Arsenault – Ballet West – Top level in the Student Division
- 2017/2018 Kyra Coco – ABT Apprentice
- 2017/2018 Lillian Hendrickson – Ballet Austin Butler Fellowship Program
- 2016/2017 Kellen Hornbuckle – Houston Ballet Demi Soloist
- 2016/2017 Leah Upchurch – Ballet Virginia Company Member
- 2015/2016 Matthew Frezzell – Minnesota Ballet – Company Member
- 2015/2016 Rebecca Ailstock – Ballet Virginia Company Member – North Carolina School of the Arts Graduate
- 2014/2015 Kayla McCabe – Atlanta Ballet Conservatory
- 2012/2013 Hayley-Ann Vasco – Ballet Virginia Company Member – Ballet Theatre of Maryland
- 2009/2010 Jacquelyn Long – Houston Ballet II, Houston Ballet soloist
- 2009/2010 Emily Brennan – Nashville Ballet 2, Ballet Theatre of Maryland
- 2008/2009 Quincie Hydock – Richmond Ballet trainee, VCU joint BFA program
- 2008/2009 Janelle Jones – Alvin Ailey American Dance Center/Fordham BFA program
- 2008/2009 LeeAnn Walker – Roanoke Ballet Theatre, Ballet Virginia, Radford University
- 2008/2009 Caroline Lambert – BFA Music Dance Theatre, Brigham Young University
- 2008/2009 Kimberly Marcotte – Point Park University
We love everything about Ballet Virginia! My daughter switched schools a year ago, and her progression under their direction has been incredible. All of the teachers are caring, hands-on and really work with each dancer as an individual to help them pursue their dance goals. Can't praise them enough for the dance education they provide and the supportive environment they've created.
I just started an adult ballet class here and it's so fun! I danced for many years growing up and when I heard they offered advanced and beginner adult ballet classes, I jumped at the opportunity to get a workout outside of the gym. And man, this is definitely a good workout. I was already sweating after the first exercise. The teachers are really nice and professional. They make it fun, even if you mess up or feel like you have no idea what you're doing. BV is a very welcoming atmosphere and I look forward to going to ballet classes every week!
I love Ballet Virginia! I have been dancing here for 5 years, and they have helped me improve as a dancer. The teachers, staff, and overall environment is so positive. I look forward to class each day! I would suggest Ballet Virginia for anyone, and I'm very grateful to be able to take classes and perform here.
I really enjoy dancing at Ballet Virginia. I have been going there since I was three years old, it is an amazing place, and has shaped who I am. The teachers are amazing and always push you to do your absolute best. They are doing a great job keeping their dancers safe during COVID-19 as well. A teacher or student always wipes the barres down after class and they offer hand sanitizer in all classrooms and you are welcome to use it any time. I absolutely love Ballet Virginia!
My daughter has been dancing here for the past two years and during that time she has grown an incredible amount as a dancer thanks to the wonderful instructors at Ballet Virginia. They offer a wide variety of classes and provide some really incredible performance opportunities that you won’t find elsewhere. We absolutely love Ballet Virginia.
Ballet Virginia is absolutely all about the love of dance! Fostering the love of dance and the opportunity to grow as a dancer in all that they do. Even the littlest dancers learn technique, terminology and how to be successful students. The staff is truly amazing, they've created an inviting and loving atmosphere full of diversity and encouragement for everyone.
My daughter, Elijah, has been attending since she was three minus one year where she attempted ballet at another studio then switched to gymnastics. She showed zero improvement that year so we switched her back BVI. Now four years later she has her pointe shoes! It’s hard work but I’m so proud of her and I know she could not have come so far in her technique, flexibility, and form without her many teachers at BVI. Just want to give a warm thank you to BVI especially Ms.Lisa, Coco, and Suzanne!
My oldest daughters did several years of dance. Lisa McCarty taught several of their classes and is an excellent teacher. We were sad to go but my oldest had to make a choice on activities this year. Perhaps she'll be back, and besides, my youngest daughter just turned one, she'll probably be here someday too.
Attended a program last June that my granddaughter was in. Very impressed with all the performances and the way the studio was able to express so many forms of dance to such a broad spectrum of age groups. Highly recommend as they provide a positive learning environment.
The intermediate adult ballet class is perfect for anyone who danced many moons ago and is looking to get back into it! It's challenging enough for both your brain and body but so much fun that you'll forget how hard you're working. Suzanne is an amazing teacher and everyone in the class is welcoming and supportive! I have been taking her class for almost two years and I look forward to it every week. They have an adult ballet class for beginners too! Give it a shot--you won't be disappointed! Thanks BVI! xo, Lindsay from NST Pictures