Classes, Workshops, Invitational and our NEW Intensives
There are many options for summer training at Ballet Virginia. Classes during the weekday evenings and Saturdays much like the academy year plus specialized daytime summer programs. Our programs offer challenging and age-appropriate training in ballet and other dance forms along with performance opportunities.
Ballet Virginia’s summer programs begin with a session of morning, afternoon, evening and Saturday classes from June 22 to July 25 in Norfolk OR July 13 to August 15 in Virginia Beach. Choose your weeks or attend an entire session. This program is a great way to give Ballet Virginia a try if you’re not a student already. Your first class is free.
Children’s Program: For ages 18 months to 9 years old.
Lower School Program: For Ballet Virginia Levels 1 through 4
Adult Program: For ages 16 and up
Four-week Summer Intensive
Our NEW full-day four week Summer Intensive is for serious dancers interested in pre-professional training. Ballet Virginia’s Summer Intensive will run from June 29 to July 24 for ages 12 to 22. Housing for out-of-town students will be offered at nearby Old Dominion University with two and four week options. Classes will include ballet, pointe, partnering, variations and modern along with performance opportunities. Scholarships and consideration for second company positions available.
Junior Summer Intensive in VA Beach
Immerse your young dancer in a focused environment with Ballet Virginia’s artistic staff and professional dancers. Through a combination of ballet, pre-pointe, conditioning, modern, jazz and other specialized classes, students will grow their technique, strength, artistry and self-confidence. The two-week Junior Intensive runs from June 29 to July 10 and will concludes with an in-studio showcase.
For Ballet Virginia rising Level 1 through Level 4 OR ages 7 to 14 with at least one year of prior ballet training.
Summer Camps, Workshops and Invitational
Ballet Virginia camps, workshops and invitational offer challenging and age-appropriate training in ballet and other dance forms along with performance opportunties.
Programs for ages four through adults are as follows:
- Budding Ballerinas and Promising Princes Camps: one -week programs from 9 AM to Noon for ages 4 to 5 OR 9 AM to 1 PM for age 6 to 7; July 27 to 31 and August 3 to 7 in Norfolk OR June 22 to June 26 and July 20 to 24 in Virginia Beach
- Musical Theater Camp (ages 7 to 14) August 10 to 14 in Virginia Beach
- Performance Workshop 1 (ages 7 to 13); 9 AM to 5 PM; July 27 to July 31 in Norfolk
- Performance Workshop 2 (ages 10-18); 9 AM to 5 PM; August 3 to August 7 in Norfolk
- Invitational Workshop (invitation only); 9 AM to 5 PM; August 10 to August 14 in Norfolk
- NEW! Adult Dance Camp: June 24 to June 26 from 6 PM to 9 PM plus 9 AM to Noon on June 27 in Virginia Beach
Detailed information coming soon